Come on in!

I'm so glad you have come across my little nook in the cyber world. Here I strive to be real and inspire. I talk about my walk in faith as a Christian, motherhood, the loss of my child, and anything else that crosses my mind. Join me for a minute and relax?

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Idea's for keeping a journal...

I'm a BIG fan of journaling. 
You could say that I collect them just to have, but
sometimes I actually USE them for their intended purpose.

If you've been following me and what I do... then you know I'm
a writer/author by trade.

Yes, I'm serious...
No, really...
Look me up on Amazon.... 


See... 
Told ya... LOL

Anyway, as an author I know and have heard many times while
I write Heavenly Realities: Stumbling toward Gratitude ... 
"Oh, I can't write in a journal. I'm not cut out for it like you."
OR
"I don't have the time."

I'm here to tell you...
Yes, you can and yes, you do!!

Over time I have realized that my biggest road block in writing
is not knowing what to write. Well, that is one reason why I decided to write 
Stumbling Toward Gratitude and this very post.

See, I'm going to share with you the ways I've used my own journals so you can
start one of your own. I can honestly say it's the best thing I have ever done!

When I take
the time to journal,
I'm giving myself the gift of me time.
I'm allowing myself a chance to breathe and just be.
I dedicate a half an hour before I laid down each night
to writing in my journal. This helps wind down and
it gives me a clear heart before bed.

Therefore, I decided to give you some of the same
ideas so you can take some time for yourself.

So here we go...

****

1. Prayers

We often have such a busy schedule and
a good bit of the time we don't set aside time for God. By keeping a prayer journal that
we devote our time to, we are giving ourselves time with God.

2. Gratitude

With a gratitude journal, write down three things
that you are grateful for that happened during that day.
(Check out Stumbling toward Gratitude to help you
with writing prompts.)


3. Praise Journal
(One of my favs)

In addition to gratitude, we can write down
the positive things that happened during the day.
This is a good way to focus on the good and not
the bad. 


****

I hope these ideas help you and you'll consider doing something for yourself and starting a journal. In our busy lives, we deserve the down time.

***
How else might you consider using a journal?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The journey of an angel mother. Join in with her and her passionate posts for the things in life that matter; family!