Come on in!

I'm so glad you have come across my little nook in the cyber world. Here I strive to be real and inspire. I talk about my walk in faith as a Christian, motherhood, the loss of my child, and anything else that crosses my mind. Join me for a minute and relax?

Monday, August 4, 2014

Rainbow Pregnancy- Week 34 update

Today I hit the 34th week of pregnancy. It's been rough lately with the diagnosis of the Polyhydramnios, however at today's appointment I got some great news. 

My belly is measuring great for the 34th week. Doctor said that it's measure 34 in on the measuring tape, which is right where it should be. The amniotic fluid has decreased a little bit which is good. They are still going to monitor me and baby twice a week due to the fact that it can change at any time.

The ultrasound was a blessing once again. (Who wouldn't love getting to see their unborn child every week?) Baby boy wasn't working with us. All he wanted to do was sleep. This made it hard to do the biophysical profile. He passed every point they look for within the test, except for the practice breathing. He didn't do it during the test. Therefore, this week he's scored an 8/10. That's not bad.

For those who aren't sure what a biophysical profile is... It's a test that combines an ultrasound with a non-stress test to provide more information about baby's breathing and movement, as well as the volume of amniotic fluid in the uterus. This is how they can also see where the fluid is measuring. So, it's a pretty important test. 

I go in on Thursdays for the non stress tests. Last weeks results revealed that baby is doing well in this part too. So, prayers have been answered this week. Please continue to pray for our rainbow and this situation. All prayers are greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The journey of an angel mother. Join in with her and her passionate posts for the things in life that matter; family!