Come on in!

I'm so glad you have come across my little nook in the cyber world. Here I strive to be real and inspire. I talk about my walk in faith as a Christian, motherhood, the loss of my child, and anything else that crosses my mind. Join me for a minute and relax?

Sunday, January 26, 2014

TTC Month Two- SUCCESS

We are at two months of trying to conceive our Rainbow Baby. (For those who don't know- Rainbow Baby is a baby a couple has after a loss.) Our first month wasn't a success. However, our second month has been a different story.

On January 9th, I woke up and realized I was four days late for my monthly. I couldn't wait to see if I was in fact pregnant. My husband worked night shift the night before, so he was in bed sleeping. Our oldest daughter was at school. I took this opportunity of being alone and headed off to the store for a pregnancy test.

Once I got back and took the test, I couldn't believe my eyes. 


POSITIVE!!!  Two months into trying and our prayers were answered. I fell to the floor in tears and cried out in happiness to our Lord. He's the one who made this possible. I cried and cried. I prayed and prayed.

I pulled myself together and ran into the bedroom. I couldn't help it. I needed to tell my husband. I knew he had only a few hours of sleep by this time, but I couldn't wait. I needed to tell him.

I asked him to wake up and make sure his eyes were adjusted before I continued. When he motioned that he was awake and ready to hear what I needed to say... I moved the test results up to where he could see it. Immediately he sat up in bed with a huge smile on his face. Then, he picked up the phone and called my Mom.

I figured since he was calling family.... so would I. A few short hours later, all of our closest family knew the news. Prayers started for this pregnancy to carry to full term, with a screaming, healthy baby at the end.

My husband and I agreed to keep it all a secret until after my doctor confirmed that I was in fact really pregnant. I scheduled the appointment for January 27th, which happened to be the 8th month Angelversary for our darling Dakota.

From the 9th to the 26th, I think I hit all pregnancy symptoms, which were only made worse by a cold. I was tired, moody, hungry, nauseous, and wanted to lay in bed. Hubby was running to the store for each craving. All the while, I was worried and scared. It's hard not to, even when you're a Christian.

*** TO BE CONTINUED ***

No comments:

Post a Comment

The journey of an angel mother. Join in with her and her passionate posts for the things in life that matter; family!