Come on in!

I'm so glad you have come across my little nook in the cyber world. Here I strive to be real and inspire. I talk about my walk in faith as a Christian, motherhood, the loss of my child, and anything else that crosses my mind. Join me for a minute and relax?

Monday, January 13, 2014

General Update

Things have been rather busy for me since the beginning of the new year. So many blessings have hit my family since the start of 2014. 

To start off with- January 1st, my husband found out he earned a raise. This is an answered prayer. He has been working so hard to provide for my family while I pursue my career as a self published author.

The weekend of Jan. 3rd to Jan. 5th- I was able to make it to stay the weekend with my Mom and attend church. I love when I am able to spend time with her and enjoy the company of the wonderful people within her church. 

On Jan 5th, I attended my cousin's baby shower. This I was worried about since it was the first one that I managed to go to since the loss of my daughter. I wasn't sure if I could handle it. I noticed that on my way to the shower, my spirit was up and I was actually HAPPY! I did great at the shower and kept this mood up. I could honestly say that I was super excited for the Mom to Be and Daddy to Be. 

This great mood continued on during the following week.

On Jan. 9th, I woke up to a belated Christmas present- a new Keurig machine. Hubby was off of work at 4 AM and decided to pick it up. He had it sitting on the table covered with a blanket when I came down that morning. Tell me about waking up in a GREAT mood! This set the mood for the rest of the day. The day was filled with blessings as it ventured into night. I actually went to bed.... for the first time in seven months with a smile on my face!

Here we are on January 13th and my mood still goes on. I did feel myself getting a little depressed last night as I allowed my mind time to dwell on the past. Once I noticed it, I immediately put on the breaks. I wasn't going to allow the heartbreak back in. I love my little girl. I miss her everyday, but I don't believe she would want me to be unhappy all the time. 

I have been keeping up with my resolutions as much as I can. Most people don't get this far into the year without breaking at least one. I'll admit... I have veered off but as soon as I noticed this, I pushed myself back on track.

After all of the blessings I have received this far, I must say that I am very thankful that the Lord has given me beautiful moments with my family and something else I can smile for.




1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you are finally starting to feel happiness. I know it has to be extremely hard, but you are right she wouldn't want you to be unhappy. I am so proud of you Raebeth you are a very strong woman I wish you the best this year.

    ReplyDelete

The journey of an angel mother. Join in with her and her passionate posts for the things in life that matter; family!